THE WORLD OF SAMUEL MEEKER, MERCHANT OF PHILADELPHIA, AND GILBERT STUART, AMERICAN PORTRAIT ARTIST

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I have TWO FOLLOWERS on this day, Valentines 09

And they are Emikk, and Vince. I don't mind at all having ONLY two followers, for I am writing this blog only for myself, it allows me to jot down all that I have WANTED TO over the years, about this, or that, German cultural stuff, and now thoughts about my portrait, and its creator.
I do not 'perform' for others, but only for myself. Its like a special place that I can go to, a pretty place where I can express myself.

"Emikk", or Eric, is an artist extraordinary--I met him in my exercise class, of all places. A very unextraordinary guy, when I first met him; although my age (50 something) he was working as a "pizza delivery boy." Now I know...he was experiencing life.... this was a new aspect to explore. Anyway, that didn't last too long, he now works on his boat, and his wonderful comic strip about Bill and Sandy. Plus other things which I simply don't know of.

My other follower, Vince, is Steven Vincent Meeker. Yes, he is my cousin, but who knows how far back.... I presume WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back. But he descends from that great family, of whom I will have more to say here in following entries in the future. Vince lives in Germany, which also endears him to my heart. I have never met him. A couple of summers back I made plans for a return to Germany, but these plans were dashed when I developed pneumonia.

2 comments:

emikk said...

Thanks for the compliment...although I did pizza delivery for the $$ (those tips can add up!)

StimmeDesHerzens said...

no one lives in our beloved Santa Cruz....to make money!

 
Site Meter