THE WORLD OF SAMUEL MEEKER, MERCHANT OF PHILADELPHIA, AND GILBERT STUART, AMERICAN PORTRAIT ARTIST

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

der erste Schultag


I don't normally do another post so fast, and please don't neglect to look at my previous post on Goethe and Schiller, which, actually I am so proud of! All the time I spent in Germany... in the beginning it was SO difficult when I didn't know the language or the culture. But by midway through the 10 years, a whole new world began to open up which has only enriched my life since then. It makes me sooooo happy, that I am able to tie in this culture to my Meeker painting, and Stuart.

But, I can not resist making this post. My blogging buddy Rouchswalwe , with my persistence, continues on with her own story of ....



the Zuckertüte, a Candy-Cone!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

5 comments:

Rouchswalwe said...

Hey Beth! You're a hoot ... had I only known, I would have worn a big, floppy hat that day!

StimmeDesHerzens said...

no way, DO YOU MEAN a hat which might have covered up those precious braids?
no bitchenway!

But, we should post something in the future, showing us in
"der Schlapphut!" im Wald!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi Beth....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of putting powdered sugar on the bread...it really would make it Christmasy..I am doing it next time....

Love our cool weather down here in SLO today too....the rain was wonderful.....

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back to visit very soon....

Love,
Kary
xxx

Maureen said...

My father was in the US Army and we were stationed in Germany several tours, my favorite was from the age of 8 to 11, when I got to be a hiking and camping Girl Scout.

Maureen said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. We were on the US Army base in Kaiserslautern and I went school there. I remember loving those hard gingerbread heart cookies with icing decorations. So want one now!

 
Site Meter