- Charles Engel and Charles Wolf had the first large brewery in Philadelphia to make lager beer. It was conveniently situated beside the Columbia Railroad on the Schuylkill River about one mile above the Fairmount Waterworks
- The brewery was built in 1849 at Fountain Green, now a part of Fairmount Park & included five large vaults cut out of solid rock for cooling and storage of their well known beer
- Through this series of specially commissioned signed artwork "The History of American Breweries", we honor the men who created the Brewing Industry in this country.
- The Huber Brewery has brewed for this Edition a CLASSIC BEER as it used to be.
- We at Huber salute these vanished American breweries.
- Hopfen und Malz Gott erhalt's! Hops and Malt God preserve them!